I just recently opened my shop on Esty and have been adding some new items. Tomorrow I will be adding a couple more. I really want my shop to take off, because I love creating art and sharing it with others. So with this blog I plan on sharing a little about me and about what I am doing artistically along with anything that inspires me or I just get a kick out of.
So now for a little bit about me...
- I am the peanut butter girl next door type who married her blonde blue eyed high school sweet heart. (yes that still happens).
- I went to the local university and double majored in Studio Art with a concentration in painting and also Art Education.
- Currently I am job searching while working at the local video rental store, if you need any recommendations on movies I am your gal. Or as my shirt puts it I am your "Movie Goddess".
- I love libraries, books, and reading. It just so happens that I have my library card number memorized ( nerd ).
- I share my home with my husband and a furry cat named Mr.Yum Yums.
- My work mainly consists of drawing and painting.
- My figures for the most part stand alone on the blank canvas. The main characters of some story or film that is yet to be written.
- The envelopes are made from the magazines that litter my home and often inspire my paintings. When making them I don't have sets in mind I just make a whole bunch, lay them out and see what goes together. (Which is my favorite part.)
There it is folks, I hope that you stop by here and my shop often. Feel free to leaves comments or email me. I would like to get to know other artists like myself.
For now have a great weekend!