Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Two for One

Since I haven't posted in awhile I thought I would share two new finds. I majored in art so whenever I am at a library or bookstore I can't help but notice book covers and illustrations. These two guys are some new favorites I just found."Young Iggy Peck is an architect
and has been since he was two,
when he built a great tower - in only an hour -
with nothing but diapers and glue.
'Good Gracious, Ignacious!' his mother exclaimed.
'That's the coolest thing I've ever seen!'
But her smile faded fast as a light wind blew past
and she realized those diapers weren't clean!" - Iggy Peck Architect
The first is David Roberts. I love his art in the book Iggy Peck Architect. The story is fabulous too! I also just recently read The Dunderheads which he also illustrated. Once again amazing drawings and color. I couldn't find his personal site (if he has one I missed it). But another blogger (Sweet Pea) awhile back wrote about him and had some nice pics too.
The other illustrator is Glin Dibley. I noticed his work on several book covers and decided that I had to look him up. Again I didn't find a personal site but I did find is portfolio on Shannon Associates. Really loving the colors and sense of humor.

No comments: