Thursday, January 14, 2010

Strange Angels


Just finished reading Strange Angels yesterday. I have to say it took me longer then usual to read this book. It starts out with a spout of action then seems to drag along until you get to the end. The story is of a teenage girl Dru who goes hunting for things that go bump in the night with her father. Right off the bat her father gets turned into a zombie and Dru is forced to kill him. From there the story really slows down and has random spurts of action. You do meet a couple other characters like Graves but details on his history are vague. At times it was hard to read because of it's choppy pacing, I caught myself going back several times trying to figure out what I just read. To me it seemed like the book didn't really start to probably the last third of the book when you meet Christophe. I will probably read the second book because I am curious about what happens to Dru and Graves. If you can get past the slow development I think the second book will make up for with hopefully more action and a smoother reading. If you like Twilight there is a good chance you will enjoy this one.
Here's the book trailer to give you a little taste.

No comments: